Saturday, October 16, 2010

Honey Almond Green Beans

My youngest daughter, Tessa, is two years old. She LOVES raw veggies with dip. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, celery, all of it. Not, however, a fan of cooked veggies. I think what makes this veggie something she'll eat is the almonds. I make this dish often, at least once a week. Tessa loves almonds, cashews, peanuts, or any kind of nut. I guess if I get in the habit of tossing a few nuts in with the veggies, she just may love them all!

Honey Almond Green Beans


1 bag of french cut green beans (I always buy the kind you can steam in the package in the microwave.)
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds

1. Steam green beans as directed on package.

2. In a saute pan, melt butter.

3. Toss in green beans and fry a bit to sear the outside.

4. Mix in soy sauce, honey, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.

5. In a separate pan, toast almonds until slightly darkened.

6. Mix almonds with the green beans and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment