Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gooey Caramel Brownies

OK, so a few days ago I was DYING for melty, yummy, chocolatey, treat. That same day I had grabbed some caramels from the store, (was thinking apples at the time.) We've all seen the classic recipes for caramel brownies that start with a chocolate cake mix, butter, evaporated milk, and caramels. Well, I had no cake mix and I had no butter. I did however, have a brownie mix and evaporated milk. . . not to mention the caramels for those apples I intended to make. I decided to attempt a quick and easy treat, with a gooey, caramely, center. Mixed 'em up, tossed 'em in the oven, and crossed my fingers. WOW! So good! The brownie was perfectly cooked, and the caramel was great. The only thing I'd do different next time. . .top with chopped, salted peanuts.

Gooey Caramel Brownies


1 pkg family size brownie mix, plus ingredients to prepare
1 bag of Kraft caramels
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package.

2. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam for Baking.

3. Pour half of the brownie batter into the 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, melt together the caramels and evaporated milk.

5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked portion of brownie batter, and then top with melted caramel.
6. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter over the caramel, swirl, and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment