Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lemony Almond Chicken

I've made this dish many times. I read the original recipe in a magazine, but never wrote it down. I gathered the ingredients that I could remember, and came up with this. I have a son who hates "sauces" and "nuts" but he LOVES this chicken.

Lemony Almond Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/2 inch thick. (I used boneless, skinless, chicken breast tenders. Better portion size for the kids.)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Lawry's)
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds

1. In a shallow bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper.

2. Dredge chicken in flour mixture coating well. ( I like to toss all the chicken with the flour and let it sit, soaking up as much flour mixture as possible while I melt my butter.)

3. Melt butter in a skillet and turn heat to medium.

4. Add chicken to melted butter and fry on both sides until golden brown and juices run clear.

5. Remove chicken from pan, set aside, and keep warm.


6. In the same pan, reduce heat to low, and add teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, honey, and garlic.

7.
Use a wooden spoon or whisk to stir, loosening up all the bits on the bottom of the pan.

8.
Once mixture begins to simmer, add chicken back in and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes on each side.

9. Top with chopped almonds, plate, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment