Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grilled Chicken Fajita Burritos




So, here's the story on this. I have an obsession with Chipotle. I don't eat there often, as a matter of fact, I can count my Chipotle experiences on one hand. But I love it. It's so good. Tonight, we're attempting our version of Chipotle's Chicken Fajita Burrito. I normally make a corn salsa to go with it, but tonight I'm just going for straight up corn. Also, instead of making guacamole, I'm just tossing in some avocado slices. Needless to say, I am thrilled about dinner.

Grilled Chicken Fajita Burritos

2 lbs grilled chicken, cut into strips
1 small onion, cut into strips

1 small green pepper, cut into strips

1 clove garlic

salt and pepper to taste

1 chopped tomato

1 can refried beans, heated

shredded cheddar cheese

shredded lettuce
salsa

sour cream

Cilantro Lime Rice

Corn, cooked and cut off the cob
Thinly sliced avocado

1. Saute onions and peppers with butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Veggies should still be somewhat crisp when done.

2.
Warm tortillas in oven just until heated through

3. Top tortillas with a few strips of chicken, and peppers.

4.
Top with additional fixing. . .I like em all! Beans, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, corn, rice, and avocado and cheese.

5.
Roll up burrito style, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment