Sunday, December 12, 2010

Swedish Almond Cookies

These are my mom's favorite Christmas cookies. Her mom made them when she was growing up, my mom made them when I was growing up, now I make them for my kids. I guess that makes them a tradition. Actually, most of the cookies I make for the holidays are a tradition. I tend to bake the same cookies year after year. These cookies are sweet, buttery, and full of almond flavor. I love them! The almonds on top with the egg white and sugar give you a perfect sweet crunch when you bite into them.
NOTE: These cookies contain no eggs.

Swedish Almond Cookies


1 lb butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp almond extract
Additional sugar
Egg Whites
Sliced almonds

1. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

2. Add in baking powder and almond extract.

3. Mix in flour until combined.

4. Roll mixture into a log, wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.

5. Slice rolled dough into cookies, and place on cookie sheet.

6. Brush with egg white.

7.
Sprinkle with sugar.

8.
Top with a few almonds.

9.
Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment