Monday, December 6, 2010

Maple Glazed Pecan Cookies

Not a huge fan of anything Maple, but Dave is. So this is a new recipe I came across and decided to make just for him. I know, thoughtful and selfless. That's me. These cookies are soft, chewy, and remind me of a pancake with maple syrup. Not my fave, but he adores them!

Maple Glazed Pecan Cookies


Cookie:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup maple syrup
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour

1. Cream together butter, brown sugar, and baking soda.

2. Add maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Beat until combined.

3.
Mix in flour.
4. Drop dough by Tbsp, onto cookie sheet.

5. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
Maple Butter Glaze:
1/2 cup evaporated milk
6 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp maple extract or flavoring
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
Chopped pecans

1.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together evaporated milk and butter.

2. Stir in maple flavoring.

3.
Beat in powder sugar.

4.
Frost cookies, and sprinkle with pecans!

Check out the pan that I burnt to a crisp! That happened while texting my husband. Forgot they were in the oven until I smelled something aweful. They were rock hard and just black on the bottoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment