Friday, December 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Ritz Sandwiches

Notice a theme? I'm starting out this year with the simplest recipes I have. No cook. All chocolate covered. Simply Delicious. My mom made these every year. They are my Dad's FAVORITE cookie. My husband's as well. I make a big batch and toss them in the freezer. By the time Christmas rolls around, there are about half of them left. My husband cannot walk by the freezer without grabbing one. My mom and sister make these with just straight up peanut butter in the middle, but I like this combo. Between Kim's cookie tray and mine, there's always a variety on the Holidays!

Peanut Butter Ritz Sandwiches


1 box Ritz Crackers
2 2lb pkgs. of chocolate almond bark
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 or 3 Tbsp milk
Sprinkles

1. Mix together butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.

2. Stir in milk.

3. Whip frosting till it's light and fluffy.

4. Top 1/2 of the crackers with the peanut butter frosting. (I use a large ziploc bag to pipe the filling on top of the crackers.)
5. Top the cracker and peanut butter with another cracker to create a sandwich.
6. Freeze sandwiches until filling is set.

7. Meanwhile melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.

8. Dip cracker sandwiches in chocolate to coat.

9.
Set on pan lined with foil and top with sprinkles.

10. Freeze until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment