Saturday, December 11, 2010

Russian Tea Cakes

Some people call these "Mexican Wedding Cookies" but not me. My mom made them and called them "Russian Tea Cakes" and so do I.

So I have to admit, when I was a kid, I hated these cookies. My mom made them every year, and they totally grossed me out. Why is that you ask? Because I never tried one because I didn't like nuts. . .or so I thought. These are now in my top five! Love them! Buttery, nutty, and covered in powdered sugar. Yum.

Russian Tea Cakes


1 cup butter
1/2 cup powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

1. Cream together butter and powdered sugar.

2. Add in vanilla, salt, and flour. Mix utnil dough forms.

3. Stir in pecans.

4. Roll into 1" balls and bake at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes.

5.
When cookies are still hot, roll them in powdered sugar. (I like to mix my powdered sugar with red and green sugar sprinkles. We call this "Reindeer Dust.")
6. Let cool, and then roll them in sugar again.
NOTE: Be careful when handling cookies. . .this is one cookie that definitely crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment