Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dave's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you are a fan of big, thick, cakey, cookies, you may not like these at all. These are the exact opposite of what I just said. They are flat, thin, crispy on the edges, chewy in the middle, buttery, gooey, cookies. Now I happen to like all kinds of chocolate chip cookies, but this recipe is my husbands favorite. He will stand at the kitchen counter and eat one after another. The first time I made a flat, chewy, cookie, it was a total accident. He loved them! The only problem was the next time, when I tried to re-create them, It didn't work. I couldn't remember what I did. So I began searching for a thin, crispy, chewy cookie recipe. I tried many. This recipe is hands-down, the best. It's from the Martha Stewart website. It's called "Lexi's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie." I, however, am not Martha Stewart. So I give her credit for the recipe, and I renamed them for my husband. Try one. Seriously. Right now. Go make cookies. You'll be happy you did.

Dave's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 lb of butter
3 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 bag chocolate chips

1. Cream together butter and sugars.

2. Add eggs one at a time.

3. Stir in vanilla and baking soda.

4. Add flour a little at a time.

5. Mix in chocolate chips.

6. Scoop, by tsp. onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.

7. EAT COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment