Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sausage and Pierogi Skillet

I actually found this recipe on the back of a package of pierogis. I don't remember what brand they were, but I found it years ago. If you've never had pierogis, this is a must try. The best way I can describe it is that it's a cross between pasta, and mashed potatoes. Simply said, very tasty! Made it once, and we all really liked it. It's pretty healthy and the pierogis make it very hearty as well. I always use the reduced fat Kielbasa, or Turkey Kielbasa to cut out a few more calories. And believe it or not, my kids LOVE the cabbage in this!

Sausage and Pierogi Skillet

5 Weight Watchers Points for 1 cup cabbage/Sausage mix and 3 Pierogies.


1 round of Kielbasa sausage, sliced and quartered
1 bag of coleslaw
1 chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
Pierogis

1. In a large pan, saute sausage until browned and heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In that same pan, mix together coleslaw, onion, and garlic. Saute until cabbage is tender.

3. Add in chicken broth and cook for just a few minutes until slightly reduced.

4. Mix sausage back in with cabbage/coleslaw mixture. Keep warm.

5. In another pan, cook Pierogis as directed on package. You can boil, or saute them in butter. To cut calories I boiled mine, and saute'd them in a little bit of non stick cooking spray to get them slightly browned. (I made enough for each of us to have three.)

6. Heap the cabbage and sausage mixture onto your plate, and top with Pierogis.

No comments:

Post a Comment