Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pie

I made this pie today because it's my sister Amanda's favorite. She has a VERY busy life. She's working full time at a hospital as a surgical technologist, (all sorts of odd hours!) And also a full time nursing student. She has a full plate, between work, school, and studying! I don't see her very often, but when I do, I enjoy spending time with her. She's coming over tonight to "use" my son for one of her nursing projects. So, I decided to make dinner, and her favorite dessert. This pie is like a chocolate chip cookie on steroids! It's big, moist, chocolatey, and very rich and buttery. One bite, and you'll be hooked!

Chocolate Chip Pie


1 unbaked pie shell
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Line pie dish with pie shell.

2. Sprinkle chocolate chips into pie shell.

3. Mix together butter, flour, sugar, and brown sugar.

4.
Add eggs one at a time.

5. Pour batter over the chocolate chips, and bake at 350 for about an hour.

6. Cook until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment