Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pesto Mac

If you haven't already noticed, I'll go ahead and point it out for you. I'm a HUGE fan of quick meals, few ingredients, and one-dish-wonders. In this dish you get your carb, meat, and veggie all in one. It's a really quick to make dinner that will please everyone. I know. . .at first glance it sounds like an odd combo, but it's really good. The sweetness of the corn with the pesto is addicting! I found it in a Simple and Delicious Magazine a few years back and we make it often. The original recipe called for quite a bit of cheddar cheese mixed into the pasta, which made for a gloppy mess. Insead, we sprinkle, (generously) with reduced fat parmesan cheese.

Pesto Mac

1 cup equals 5 Weight Watchers Points (Using the healthy pasta.)

1/2 of a 16oz box of macaroni, (I used the Barilla Plus twisty elbows.)
3/4 cup pesto (I used Classico Traditional Basil Pesto.)
1 10oz bag of frozen sweet corn (I like Green Giant, Super Sweet Corn.)
2 cups cooked, thinly sliced chicken
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese

1. Cook macaroni according to box directions.

2. While macaroni is cooking, steam corn in the microwave for 4 minutes.

3. Drain pasta, toss with pesto, corn, and chicken.

4. Season with salt and pepper, and top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment