Saturday, November 27, 2010

Crockpot Turkey

Yes. I am making turkey in a crockpot. This year for Thanksgiving my family will be in Orlando Florida at Walt Disney World. We will be missing Thanksgiving. (We're actually eating at a Chinese Restaurant in Epcot for Thanksgiving.) My husband LOVES Thanksgiving. How could I deprive him of one of his favorite meals, and so close to his birthday? So this year we're calling it "Fakesgiving". It's our fake Thanksgiving. Taking lots of short cuts, and making a smaller meal. . . thus a crockpot turkey. Don't judge me. It's moist, buttery, and tasty, not to mention virtually NO WORK!

Crockpot Turkey

1 5-7 lb turkey breas, thawed
1/2 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

1. Toss all ingredients into crockpot.

2. Cook on low heat for about 10 hours or until cooked through.

3. Take turkey out of crockpot, and let set for about 25 mintues.

4. Cut and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment