Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I came across this recipe a few years ago. I don't even remember where I saw it, I just know that when I saw it, it looked delicious! Then when I went from the picture to the recipe, I couldn't believe how easy it was to make! At first glance, the words "Baked Potato" had me thinking this soup would take hours to make. Boy was I wrong! It doesn't get any faster or easier than frozen hashbrowns. After making it many times I changed up the recipe a bit to suit the taste of my family. The original recipe calls for sour cream, but I subbed Top the Tater for the sour cream once and we were hooked. It's a hit for us, and a definite winter weather staple in our dinner menu. I've given this recipe to my mom, who makes it often, and she's given it to my sisters. It's a recipe that everyone will ask for, and no one will believe it takes 30 minutes to make! There's nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on cold winter day, unless it's a warm bowl of soup that you didn't have to spend hours in the kitchen for!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup
5 Weight Watchers Points per Cup of Soup

1 chopped onion
1 2lb bag of frozen hash browns (shredded or cubed, depends on how chunky you'd like your soup.)
6 cups chicken broth (or 6 cups water, 6 chicken bouillion cubes.)
2 cans reduced fat cream of celery soup
1 small container of Light Top the Tater (or two cups of sour cream.)
6 oz of 2% Velveeta cheese, cubed
Top with: Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onions, Bacon Pieces

1.
In a large pot, mix together onion, hash browns, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Continue Boiling until potatoes are tender.

2. Reduce heat to low, and add in cream of celery soup, Top the Tater, and Velveeta. Stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.

3. Pour into bowls, and top with shredded cheddar, bacon, sour cream, and green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment