Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Some people call these twice baked potatoes, but not me. When I was a kid, I remember my grandma making these incredibly creamy indulgences and she ALWAYS called them Stuffed Baked Potatoes.

She made them in huge batches, and then froze them. The ability to freeze is one of the things I love about this recipe!!! I can make a whole bag of them, and freeze them! You don't even have to thaw to bake them, and they taste just as good from frozen as they do fresh.

She always made them for holidays and special occasions. If you really want to get fancy, you can pipe the potatoes back into the shell using a pastry bag and a large tip, but I like the hap-hazzard look you get just spooning it in there. The best part is, that when you bake them, the top of the potato gets a bit crispy. I LOVE that crispy top!!! It's just so darn good. Reminds me of Grandma. You can top it with extra sour cream, or eat it as is. . .

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

1 5 lb bag of potatos, baked until fork tender and slightly cooled
1 stick of butter
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 brick of cream cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, and some good old Franks Red Hot

1. Cut the tops off of the potatoes.

2. Scoop out the inside of the potatoes being careful to leave enough of a shell so that the potato skin doesn't tear.

3. Take all the potato that you scooped out and put it into a mixing bowl.

4. Add to the potato all the rest of the ingredients and whip the daylights out of it until it's decadently creamy.
5. Scoop back into the shell and bake at 350 for about 1/2 an hour.

6. Or you can freeze them, and bake from frozen, at 350, for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment