Monday, November 21, 2011

Chicken with Dill Cream Sauce

I don't know about your family, but mine LOVE chicken. We eat it a lot. Not such beef fans, but chicken is a must have.

When the grocery store has the bags of frozen chicken breasts on sale, we stock up! I rarely have less than 7 bags in my freezer!

With all that chicken, we have to find different ways of preparing it. This one is a special treat. I don't use heavy whipping cream in this fashion very often, but when I do, it's so good. This sauce is just velvety and smooth.

What inspired this was actually a dish I had at Disney World last fall. We were eating dinner at the Grand Floridian with Cinderella, and her evil step mother and step sisters.

It was a buffet (Gasp! I am SO not a buffet person! However, in Disney, most of their character meals are buffets.) and the signature item that I dove into was the salmon with a dill cream sauce. I had only had salmon a few times before, and hated it. But at the Grand Floridian, they don't skimp on great cuisine! The salmon was perfectly prepared, and the sauce was the "icing on the cake." When we came home, this was a recipe I had to re-create. . .but with the price of salmon being what it is. . .I went with chicken. It was still good, but it was no Fairytale meal like Disney offers!

Chicken with Dill Cream Sauce


4 chicken breasts, baked or grilled with salt and pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp dill
1 clove garlic
salt
pepper

1. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.

2. Stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.

3. Serve over grilled or baked chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment