Sunday, November 27, 2011

Strawberry Banana Trifle

This year when all the guys went deer hunting I got together with my sister-in-law and her kids for a fun family night! We had dinner, dessert, chatted, watched a movie, and enjoyed the kids laughing and playing together.
She made homemade chicken nuggets, and a tasty treat called "Pizza Snowballs" and I brought some fruit and a dessert.

I feel like I'm ALWAYS making cupcakes, so I opted for something simpler, and something that did not require any baking. I made a trifle. I mean, you can't really go wrong with a trifle. Layer together a bunch of things that taste good, and all combined, it'll taste great!

Strawberry Banana Trifle

1 small package of banana cream instant pudding
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
5 cups milk
1 large package of instant vanilla pudding
1lb of sliced, fresh, strawberries
4 slices bananas
1 package of Golden Oreos

1. Mix together banana pudding with 2 cups milk and set aside.

2.
Whip together the whipping cream, and powdered sugar.

3. Fold together the whipped cream and pudding mixture.

4. In another bowl, combine remaining milk with vanilla pudding. Whisk together and set aside.

5. Layer your dessert. I started with Oroes, and did a layer of Oreos, pudding, strawberries, whipped cream, more cookies, pudding, bananas, etc. Be creative. Layer however you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment