Saturday, November 12, 2011

Peaches and Cream Pie

This is my Dad's favorite pie. Peaches and Cream. Mine didn't turn out quite how my mom's does and I know why.

You know what I do wrong: I slice the peaches instead of halve them. Sounds ridiculous that it doesn't turn out right because of that, but it's true. By slicing the peaches, you release more liquid into the pie which makes it never firm up. But by halving the peaches, you get a firm texture.

So if you you make this rich, creamy, peachy pie, don't make the same mistake I did!!!!


Peaches and Cream Pie


1 unbaked pie shell
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp corn starch
5 fresh peaches, peeled and halved
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1. Mix together sugar and cornstarch.

2. Pour 3/4 cup of the sugar mixture in the bottom of the pie shell.

3. Arrange all peach halves over sugar mixture.

4. Evenly pour the rest of the sugar mixture over the top of the peaches.

5. Pour the whipping cream over the pie.

6. Bake at 350 for 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the ripeness of the peaches. Best way to tell when pie is done, is the custard should be clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment