Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spaghetti Soup

I got this recipe years ago when I used to sell Pampered Chef. It came in a little envelope with several soup recipes. I've actually made most of the recipes in that envelope, but had never made this one. I made it tonight because I had all the ingredients on hand, and my husband and son LOVE spaghetti. This was a quick fix on a busy night. It was literally less than 30 minutes - start to finish.

The name of the soup says it all. . .Spaghetti Soup. It tastes like spaghetti. . .only soupy. Dave thought it was good, and Justin said it was great. I'm not a spaghetti fan, so for me, it was just so-so.

I'll tell you what, if you have the ingredients in cupboard, and are looking for something easy, and you like spaghetti, give it a try. It's different than the usual spaghetti, but not so different that it'll surprise you.


Spaghetti Soup


1 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 ring of smoked kielbasa sausage, diced small
2 cloves garlic, pressed
4 cups beef broth
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 cups uncooked pasta
parmesan cheese

1. In a large pot, saute smoked sausage with onion and garlic until onions are tender and sausage is slightly browned.

2. Add in spaghetti sauce, broth, salt, pepper, sugar, Italian Seasoning, and onion powder.

3. Bring to a boil, and toss in pasta.

4.
Boil for about 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.

5. Add in zucchini and cook for a few more minutes.

6.
Serve with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment