Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookie Pizza

Valentine's Day is a HUGE Holiday at my house. Sounds weird to most, but it's a biggie here. I took a tip from my Aunt Nancy, and ran with it.

My Aunt Nancy told me that Valentine's Day was her favorite holiday. She always made a big deal of Valentines Day for her family. Her kids LOVED it! It's just a great day to tell the people you love. . .that you love them. We all go through that age as teens where Valentine's Day is awful if you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend to share it with. Aunt Nancy wanted to make Valentine's Day about family. . .it doesn't always have to be a "romantic" kind of love. I thought that this was a great idea! I mean really, is there anyone you love more than your kids?

So over the last few years, Valentine's Day has turned into quite the ordeal here. We ALWAYS start the day off with Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and some other type of heart shaped breakfast.

Lunch is the same, Sweetheart Sandwiches, pink and red Jello, anything "Valentiney." I always make a dinner that my husband will love, and a dessert we all like as well. The kids get special little treats from us, and we just celebrate our love, and our family.

Today, I made a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookie Pizza. It's a take on Pampered Chef recipe I used to make years ago. I love chocolate covered strawberries, and this recipe combines a chocolate chip cookie, with fresh berries, and delicious, nutty, toasted almonds. It's so good.

I hope you share this recipe with that special someone on Valentine's Day, and if you have any favorite ways to celebrate this year, post a comment! I'm always up for new ideas!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookie Pizza


1 pkg. refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 lb strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup melted white chocolate
1/4 cup toasted, sliced, almonds

1. Spread cookie dough in a heart shaped pan.

2. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool completely.

3. Microwave chocolate chips with cream cheese until melted and smooth.

4. Spread melted chocolate over the cookie.

5. Top with sliced strawberries, drizzle with white chocolate, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment