Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

I saw a picture of one of these cupcakes online and HAD to make them! Problem is, all of my kids are past the Sesame Street stage in life. So after I had seen these, my sister-in-law invited us to my Niece (Maddy) and Nephew's (Benny) birthday party. . . and guess what? It was a Princess/Sesame Street theme! I was so excited! I jumped at the opportunity to bake these adorable cupcakes! So here they are, Benny's 2nd Birthday Cupcakes!
Did I mention I take orders?!!!

Cookie Monster Cupcakes


24 cupcakes, baked and cooled
1/2 lb of white chocolate
mini brown M&M's or mini chocolate chips
1 pkg. of chocolate chip cookies (I used Chips Ahoy)
Blue Frosting

1. Melt white chocolate and let it cool slightly.

2. Put white chocolate in a small Ziploc bag, and cut off the very tiny corner. Pipe circles onto waxed paper or tinfoil, and fill with white chocolate.

3. Top each white chocolate pieces with a brown mini M&M. Let set until hardened.

4. Pipe blue frosting onto each cupcake. I used a star tip for mine.

5. Break cookies in half, and push a half cookie onto the cupcake for the mouth.

6. Place two white chocolate discs on the cupcake for they eyes.

7. Stand back and stare at one of the cutest cupcakes ever!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for making these awesome cupcakes for Benny! You are extremely talented and made his 2nd birthday extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these cupcakes are so unique.Benny must be very happy for his 2nd birthday celebration.buy cupcakes online

    ReplyDelete