Friday, September 17, 2010

Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies

Originally I got this recipe off of the Martha Stewart website. I was looking for a chocolate cookie and this one caught my eye. Simple ingredients everyone has on hand. Her recipe was simply chocolate, no mint. I had the mint in my cupboard and wanted to use it. The first time I made these cookies they were a disaster. I didn't mix long enough and the dough was more of a cake batter. Not only that, I used an entire bag of Ande's Baking Bits. Way too minty for anyone in my family. This time I tamed the mint flavor by usuing less Andes and subbing mini chocolate chips. It was perfect.

Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies

1 12oz bag of chocolate chips
6 Tbsp butter
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Ande's chocolate mint baking pieces

1. Melt together chocolate chips and butter and set aside to cool a bit.

2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.

3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix on high until mixture is light in color and creamy. Takes at least 5 minutes. If you do not mix long enough your cookie dough will be more the consistency of cake batter. Unfortunately I know this from experience.

4. Add cooled chocolate mixture to the creamed egg and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.

5. Add in the flour mixture.

6. Drop by Tbsp onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for exactly 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment