Wednesday, September 8, 2010

HUGE! Pot of Chicken Noodle Soup

I was never a huge chicken noodle soup fan. . .or so I thought. As a kid, it's one of those things that my mom never really made. She made plenty of other soups, and stews, and chili, but never chicken noodle. My husband however, LOVES chicken noodle soup. As a child, his mom made it for him, from scratch, every time he got sick. I guess in marrying him, I took that on as a challenge. What I came up with was this recipe. Super fast, easy, and tasty. Something you can toss together in 30 minutes or less sometimes. He said it beats his mom's hands down!

HUGE! Pot of Chicken Noodle Soup


1 large chopped onion
1 bag of shredded carrots (You can buy this right next to the bags of baby carrots)

1 Bunch of celery, finely chopped

3 cups of cooked, diced chicken (Rotisserie works great, otherwise I like to freeze leftover grilled chicken breasts and use these.)

14 cups of water

14 chicken boullion cubes

3 cloves chopped garlic

Several Tbsp of chopped italian parsley

Salt
Pepper
Franks Red Hot
1 Bag of Egg Noodles, whichever kind you like


1.
In a large soup pot, pour in water and add in boullion cubes.

2.
Toss into that, the onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper to taste, a few dashes of Franks Red Hot Sauce, and garlic.

3.
Bring broth and veggies to a boil.

4.
Once soup is boiling, add in the noodles and boil for about 12 to 14 more minutes.

5.
Right before removing from heat, add in the parsley.

6.
Serve while piping hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment