Saturday, March 12, 2011

Panera's BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad


I went out to lunch with my sister last week at Panera. I ordered the half Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich and cup of Wild Rice Soup. My honest opinion: I like my chicken salad better, and nothing beats homemade wild rice soup. What she ordered however, WOW!

Kim ordered some sort of turkey sandwich on an Asiago bagel. Delicious. With that she ordered the BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad. I was immediately jealous. It looked so good. Seriously took everything in me not to grab her sandwich. And the salad looked so colorful and tasty. I had to have a bite. Kim said that she orders the same thing everytime she goes there. After snagging a bite of her salad, I see why.

I guess my little sister re-created this salad at home and eats it for lunch several times a week. So tonight, when I realized that we had to leave for church in 45 minutes, and I had no dinner on the table, I was in a mad dash. I made somthing simple for the kids, (Mac and cheese, bananas, and salads.) and tossed together this salad for Dave and I. It was a winner.


Panera's BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad

Serves 2


2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 can Green Giant Super Sweet Corn
1 can black beans
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Tortilla Strips
Chopped Tomato
4 cups of chopped lettuce
Ranch Dressing
BBQ Sauce

1. In a saute pan, saute corn and black beans over medium heat with cumin until slightly blackened.

2. Place about 2 cups of chopped lettuce on each plate.

3. Top lettuce with corn and black bean mix.

4. On top of that add cheese, diced chicken, tomato, and tortilla strips.

5. Drizzle salad with BBQ sauce and ranch dressing. Yum. Yum. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment