Thursday, March 17, 2011

Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss

Easy and fast! I do have to say one thing about it that freaked me out. . . the recipe actually uses the bacon drippings in the sauce. I just can't bring myself to do it, so I replaced it with butter.

Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss

1 12 oz pkg. of egg noodles, I used Amish Kitchen Kluski Noodles
4 strips of bacon, diced
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
3 Tbsp flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
1 9oz pkg. of fresh baby spinach
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1. Cook noodles according to package directions.

2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp.

3. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and onion bits to paper towel to drain.

4. Stir the flour, salt, and pepper into the bacon drippings until blended.

5. Slowly add in milk and bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly.

6. Add spinach and stir until spinach is wilted.

7. Drain noodles and transfer to a serving dish.

8. Toss noodles with sauce and cheese.

9. Top with bacon and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment