Monday, March 17, 2014

Kim's. . . OR Amanda's . . . Sausage Stuffed Peppers!


My sisters are great.  They both cook well.  Amanda's great at making recipes. . .but Kim is good at taking a recipe and turning it into something completely different!  They're great!    This recipe is a combination of the two of them, and I can't take credit for either one!

Amanda has a recipe for a delicious sausage dip that you make in the crockpot.  Kim then took that recipe, added some delicousness to it, and stuffed it in a pepper.  This is amazing.  So good.  I ate a "leftover pepper" at Kim's house for lunch one day. . .and knew that this would be a "MUST"make for me!  The following week I made it for dinner and enjoyed each heavenly bite.  So. Good.

KIM'S . . . OR AMANDA'S . . . STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

1 8oz brick of cream cheese
1lb of ground sausage (Jimmy Dean!)
1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
1 can of Green Giant Corn. . .whatever kind you like.
1 can of black beans
4 or 5 green (or whatever color you want) peppers

1.  I like to cut my peppers in half rather than a using a whole pepper because my kids will not eat a whole pepper, SO, half your peppers and toss them into some boiling water.  Cook for just a few minutes until peppers are tender. 

2.  Take peppers out of boiling water, and place in a baking dish, cut side up!

3.  Saute your sausage until browned all the way through.

4.  Add the cream cheese, Rotel, corn, and black beans to the sausage and continue to heat until the cream cheese is melted. 

5.  Stuff your peppers with the sausage mixture, top with shredded cheese if you'd like, and bake at 350 until bubbly and delicious!

6.  Thank my sisters for their AWESOMENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment