Friday, July 22, 2011

Sugar Glazed Carrots with Toasted Almonds


I'm a huge fan of carrots and so are my kids. . . but you can only eat so many raw carrots before it's time to find another way. So tonight, I stepped into my "Winter" cooking mode, and made some nice warm, brown sugar glazed carrots. . .and topped them with my favorite crunchy ingredient ever. Toasted almonds.

Now I'd love to tell you that the carrots are the star of the show, but they are kicked up a BIG Notch in my opinion, by adding a nutty flavor and texture with the almonds. In all honestly, I'd probably top just about any food with toasted almonds and love it. I love everything about them. . .but the smell of the house while the almonds are toasting is simply amazing.

It's a quick and easy side dish, still pretty healthy, and different than the usual carrots and dip. Try it.

Sugar Glazed Carrots with Toasted Almonds

1 bag of baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise

1 Tbsp butter

1 Tbsp brown sugar

salt

Toasted Almonds

1. Cover carrots with water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5-8 minutes until carrots are crisp/tender.

2. Drain carrots and set aside.

3. In the same pan, melt together butter and brown sugar.

4. Combine glaze with carrots and salt to taste. Saute for 2 minutes.

5. Toss glazed carrots with sliced toasted almonds and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment