Friday, July 8, 2011

Garden Party Cupcakes

Garden Party Cupcakes

How cute are these? I mean seriously? Adorable! They are so pretty! A really good friend of mine recommended me to a friend of hers and that friend wanted cupcakes. I asked her what the theme of the party was and she said it was a flower garden party. Everything was pink. I thought of these cupcakes right away and had to make them.
She needed 24 cupcakes. They were VERY time consuming to make, but so darn cute! I don't see myself making too many of these, but on rare occasions, I'll make them again. My sister in law thought red ones would be pretty for Christmas and look like poinsettias. I may have to do that.
The petals are made of mini marshmallows, cut on the diagaonal, and dipped in colored sugar. It took me 22 marshmallows per cupcake to make these! And if you don't work fast enough, the marshmallows dry out. Now once the marshmallows are on the cupcake, they stay nice and soft because of the moisture in the buttercream.
All said and done, these are a HUGE pain in the rear end to make, but well worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment