Monday, July 11, 2011

Garlic Chicken Mozzarella Sandwiches

Now don't get down on me about the calorie count of this sucker! It's a whopper, but boy is it tasty! I served these open faced, and ate just one. My husband however, had three. The garlic toast is perfect for soaking up all that spaghetti sauce, and topped with thick slices of the Mozzarella cheese, it's melty, gooey, and tasty!


The funny thing is, I NEVER buy Texas Toast. I rarely be anything in a box or prepackaged, but I had a coupon, and thought I'd grab a box. It was less than a dollar! My husband loved it, and the kids were obsessed with the garlicy bread.


Garlic Chicken Mozzarella Sandwiches


2 frozen chicken breasts, seasoned, grilled, and thinly sliced

1 jar spaghetti sauce

1 box (8 pieces) of Light Texas Garlic Toast

16 slices of Bellgioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese


1. Prepare Texas Toast as directed on the box. I bought the light kind and according to someone whose had the regular variety, the only difference is the amount of butter. The light kind was half the calories, and in my opinion, very good.


2. While your toast is baking, combine the chicken and spaghetti sauce in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until heated through.


3. Once chicken and toast are done, assemble your sandwiches. 1 piece of toast, topped with about 1/3 cup of the chicken/sauce mixture, and topped with 2 thick slices of cheese.


4. Bake for about 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.


No comments:

Post a Comment