Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cheddar Chicken Tetrazzini

This was dinner in a pinch. Happened to have all ingredients on hand, and needed dinner. Now if you know me at all, you'll know that I rarely use "cream of" soups. They TOTALLY gross me out. I usually make my own sauces. But like I said, in a pinch, and keep them on hand for nights like this.

It's a very tasty dinner. Quick, easy, and nice to prepare one for now and one for later. Always love having a frozen meal on hand. It comes in handy! This recipe is from a Southern Living at Home magazine. I don't subscibe anymore, but still have several from when I did. Always good recipes!

Cheddar Chicken Tetrazzini


1 package vermicelli or spaghetti noodles, cooked
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Mix together chicken, soups, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.

2. Toss noodles with chicken broth.

3. Mix together noodles with chicken and soup mixture.

4. Divide evenly among 2 baking dishes.

5. Top each dish with 1 cup of cheese.

6. Bake one of the dishes at 350 for about 35 minutes.

7. Freeze the other dish.

NOTE:
To cook frozen Tetrazzini just thaw overnight in the fridge, and bake as directed! Use within 1 month for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment