Saturday, July 6, 2013

Spicy Chicken Legs!

I NEVER cook skin-on, or bone-in chicken.   This was a stretch for me.  I like my meals nice and neat, and not a mess.   A perfectly shaped, boneless, skinless, chicken breast, is right up my alley.  So for me to go all "rustic" was out of my comfort zone.

I have come across recipes super similar to this one about five times in the last few weeks, so I decided to pick up a package of chicken and just go for it.  I just kind of went with a basic of what I read in recipes.  I don't have  a specific one I used, but I saw one in Taste of Home Magazine, another in Simple and Delicous Magazine, and yet another from The Pioneer Woman.

Each recipe called for Lemon Juice, and Butter. . .and from there, the possibilities are endless!  These turned out perfectly moist, flavorful, and juicy!  The whole family loved them!  Even the ones who "don't like food with bones in them" gobbled them all up!  Of course, with 20 legs, and five in our family, we had leftovers, but for a crowd, this is the ticket!  And so budget friendly too!  The package I got cost me $6.41!


Spicy Chicken Legs!

Drumsticks! (I bought a big ol package of chicken legs from Sam's Club, there were 20 in here.)
1 1/2 sticks melted butter (yes, I agree, that's a  lot of butter, but I'm not asking you to drink it, unless of course you feel inclined, and if that's the case, it's fine by me.)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 cloves of crushed garlic

1.  In a bowl combine butter, lemon juice, and spices.

2.  Dip the legs into your butter mixture, and then put them on a baking sheet.

3.  Drizzle a little more butter on each leg, and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, basting every ten minutes.  

4.  After the first 30 minutes of cook time, I threw the oven on Broil, and finished them off for about ten minutes, turning the legs after five minutes to get even cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment