Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

My kids LOVE oatmeal. . .but they get sick of the same old thing every day. I do have to say, they're a bit picky about their oatmeal. Can't be too mushy or too gritty. Can't be too sweet, but has to be sweet enough. And it can't be those individual packets of quick oatmeal. They hate it.

Recently I've become addicted to Trader Joes Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats. It's amazing. (And I HATE oatmeal!) But the texture of the Steel Cut Oats is so good!

Being fall, I decided to combine my kids favorite fall dessert, with their coziest warm breakfast. Hence: Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal.

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

Single Serving

3/4 cup milk

2 Tbsp pureed pumpkin

1/2 Tbsp brown sugar

Sprinkle of Cinnamon

Dash of nutmeg

Dash of ginger

Dash of cloves

1/4 cup Trader Joes Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats


1. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin, sugar, and spices. Bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat, and add in the oats.

3. Cover, and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes or until oatmeal is thickened, and tender. Be sure to stir every few minues.

4. Top with a splash of heavy cream, and a sprinkle of brown sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment