Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Toasted Marshmallow Milkshakes

Mmmm. . .fall got me thinking about campfires. Campfires got me thinking about s'mores. S'mores got me thinking about toasted marshmallows. . . and once I started thinking about that, the wheels started turning and I had to find fun ways to capture that taste!

I LOVE the ooey, gooey, delicious, messy, taste of toasted marshmallows. My kids love milkshakes. . .thus the Toasted Marshmallow Milk Shake. It's so good. So marshmallowy.

This is a good one for summer, spring, winter, or my favorite, FALL!!! My kids wanted to dunk graham crackers in it, and told me next time to add ground chocolate to it! Just may have to give it a try!

Toasted Marshmallow Milk Shakes

Serves 4

1 bag of large marshmallows
5 cups vanilla ice cream
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Spread marshmallows out evenly on pan.

3. Toss under broiler for a few minutes or until marshmallows are toasted and lightly browned.

4. Add to blender, ice cream, milk, and vanilla.

5. Toss in all but 8 marshmallows.

6. Blend until smooth and creamy.

7. Pour in glasses, and top each with two toasted marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment