Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thick and GOOEY Chocolate Chip Cookies!


 Who doesn't love Chocolate Chip Cookies?  Seriously?  I have never met anyone who doesn't think a warm Chocolate Chip Cookie is the most amazing thing on Earth.  There are a million recipes out there, and I myself don't have just ONE recipe I always use.  My kids LOVE this recipe, so I make this one sometimes.  My husband likes a flatter, chewier cookie, so I use a different recipe for those.  Then theirs the recipe my mom always made when I was a kid. . . that's just like going home.  Want something healthier?  Try a recipe that replaces the butter with applesauce.  There's also the Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies. . .that recipe makes a super soft cookie as well.  The possibilities and recipes are endless. 

This recipe is for those days that you want a soft, dense, NOT cake-like cookie, that stays warm and gooey much longer than most other recipes.  I'm sure the cornstarch plays a part, but the melted butter plays an even bigger part!  You don't even need a mixer for this dough!  Just a wooden spoon and a little bit of wrist action! 

I have one word for you:  Delish.  Toss in a glass of milk, and it's a match made in heaven.  I don't even like milk, but with these cookies, it's a must!
 You see this big platter of cookies. . .they lasted a few hours.  Maybe.  Took a lot of self control to not take in more than just a few.  I think Dave had like 7 of them. 
 Thick and GOOEY Chocolate Chip Cookies!

2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp corn starch
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
Chocolate Chips

1.  In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, soda, and corn starch.  Set aside.

2.  In another bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and yolk, and vanilla.

3.  Combine the dry ingredients with the wet.

4.  Stir in chocolate chips.

5.  Drop by Tbsp onto cookie sheets and bake at 325 for about 11 minutes.

6.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment