Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes!


Who doesn't love Monster Cookies?  It's the best of  all things baked. . .chocolate, peanut butter, creamy, crunchy, delicious!  I found a recipe for something similar to this on the "Something Swanky" blog and had to give it a try!!!  I used her exact recipe for the cake portion. . .but made my own frosting.   

They are amazing. . . especially if you're really looking for that peanut butter flavor!  When I was done making these there was about a cup of leftover Cookie Dough Frosting. . .and I had to throw it away.  Because I knew. . .that if left in a container in the refrigerator, that stuff didn't stand a chance!  Sure, I could have put it in the fridge and walked away. . . for about five minutes. . .but I'd be back.  And so would my kids.  As if having 30 of these babies sitting on my kitchen counter isn't tempting enough, the last thing I need is a giant container of "leftover goodness" calling my name from the fridge!  As I was throwing it away, it was like watching a horror movie in slow motion.  All three of my kids came at me crying :

"""NNNNNnnnnnnooooooooOOOoo!!!!!!!!  Don't do it!!!!!  We'll eeaaatttt ittttt!!!!!"  

That's my worry exactly!  You can pace yourself and eat just one cupcake. . . but given the opportunity to grab a spoon and go for it, there's just no stopping! 

These sweet little cakes will be brought to my church small group tonight, and hopefully devoured! 


Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
2/3 cup milk
1 cup mini chocolate chips

1.  Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar. 

2.  Add in eggs one at a time until well incorporated. 

3.  Mix together your flour and baking powder.  Add it alternately with the milk. 

4.  Stir in chocolate chips. 

5.  Scoop into cupcake liners (this batch makes about 30 cupcakes) and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.  Cool Completely and frost!

Monster Cookie Dough Frosting:

8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 c. Butter, softened
3/4 c. Peanut Butter
3 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar (even more if you really want it thick)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
Milk (enough to get desired consistency) 
2 c. Oats (more or less depending on desired texture)
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1 cup Mini Reese's Pieces
1 cup Mini M&M's

1.  Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and peanut  butter.

2.   Add in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and flour.  Mixture will be thick! 

3.  Mix in vanilla, and add enough milk to get desired consistency.  (I like mine right between cookie dough and frosting!) 

4.  Mix in oats and candies and top each cupcake with a big old scoop of "cookie dough!"

No comments:

Post a Comment