Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Butterfinger Brownie Bottom Cheesecake

I LOVE Cheesecake!   I also NEVER make Cheesecake!  Well, I take that back, it's not never, it's rarely.  I usually make a cheesecake once a year, and it's always for Valentine's Day.  

I look forward to that day every year, and then I have one piece, and I'm done for a while.  It's just such a rich, decadent, heavy, dessert that one piece is all you need!   I have never made this recipe before, but WOW, it's amazing!  

I actually did the baking portion of this recipe last night, knowing I'd need it to be perfectly set and chilled for tonight.  And because I also knew that I'd have a hard time waiting till tonight to try it, I used a few spoonfuls of the brownie batter and cheesecake batter to make a "cupcake" version for my husband and I to try first!   It was just the right amount of peanut butter, with just the right amount of chocolate!  

This isn't your every-day kind of treat, but it's definitely a delicious dessert to make on a special occasion.  My occasion is Wednesday Night Church Small Groups!  It's not really a "special" night, or a night any different than any other Wednesday night, but it's an excuse to try a new recipe! 


Butterfinger Brownie Bottom Cheesecake

Brownie Bottom:
1 package Brownie Mix, any variety

Filling:
3 8oz packages of cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 bag of crushed Butterfingers (Set aside 6 for the topping.)

1.  Prepare brownie batter as directed on box.  Pour into a 9" springform pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

2.  Bake at 350 until set.  (About 30 minutes.)

3.  In a mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter.

4.  Add in eggs one at a time.

5.  Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.

6.   Fold in the crushed Butterfinger Bars.

7.  Pour over the brownie crust, and bake at 300 for about 1 hour.   (Middle of cheesecake should be slightly set, but not firm.)

8.  Cool in refrigerator overnight!!!!!  This is the key to getting the right texture/consistency in cheesecake! 

9.  Top with Peanut Butter Buttercream and Crushed Butterfingers! (Recipe for Buttercream is below.)


PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERCREAM:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 or 3 Tbsp milk


1. Prepare cupcakes and let cool completely.

2. Mix together butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.

3. Stir in milk.

4. Whip frosting till it's light and fluffy.
Works in "cupcake" form as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment